Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi

Release Date: October 2, 2012
Publisher: Harper
Series: Shatter Me, Book 1.5
Rated: YA 14+
Format: Paperback (part of Unite Me)
Source: Borrowed
Buy: Amazon
GoodreadsWebsite

Read my review of Shatter Me HERE.

Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.

Okay, so NOW I get the whole Team Warner thing. Not completely on board over here, but my goodness does a novella in his perspective make me more sympathetic towards him. I'm still a little meh with the idea of novellas, because while it's nice to read the extra bits part of the story, because if you miss out on reading them you sort of miss out on part of the story. Anyway, it was short, and I thought pretty important to the plot.

I remember some review mentioning that this book shifted them to Team Warner (or at least was a cause of that change), so I knew that it was crucial to read this one. I do like that the book was from his point of view. We learn so much more about some of the events that took place in Shatter Me from his perspective, and from that it humanises him a more than just a little bit. We also get introduced to his father, who makes Warner in Shatter Me look like a puppy.

I'm definitely more pumped to read the second book after reading Destroy Me, because I'm curious to see how it all turns out with this complicated antagonistic figure and his feelings towards Juliette.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you decided to read the novella! I, too, am not usually a fan of them. Idk, I've just never liked the idea of them. I did read this one though and I'm in the group where this started to change my perspective of Warner. I despised him in the first book. This sort of helped me understand him a little bit better but I was still on the fence. I just went back and reread my review of UNRAVEL ME and apparently there is a very distinct chapter in the next book that completely turned me over to Team Warner. I don't 100% remember what happened in this chapter but I do remember going from on the fence to team Warner all the way in that book. I can't wait to see what your feelings will be like when you finish it! You're making me want to go back and do a reread of this series!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!