Maybe Tonight? by Bridie Clark

Maybe Tonight? by Bridie Clark

Release Date: August 6, 2013
Publisher: Roaring Brook Press
Series: Snap Decision, Book 1
Rated: YA 12+
Format: eGalley
Source: NetGalley
Buy: AmazonThe Book Depository
GoodreadsWebsite

Maybe Tonight? opens as the reader is getting ready for the most exciting party of the year—Midwinter’s Night Dream, set in the frosty woods just off campus—with her roommates and best friends Annabel Snow, Spider Harris, and Libby Monroe. Choices unfold quickly and the reader must decide which risks to take in pursuit of social status, adventure, success, and love.




The blurb should have been a dead giveaway, but it was only until I'd started reading this book and started suspecting (later finding out that my suspicions were correct), that this was a "Choose Your Own Adventure" style of a book! I used to read quite a few of these when I was younger, and this prospect alone made this book appealing to me.
I enjoyed the story that I ended up with. I know it'll be a different outcome for everyone, and I've only read another review where the reader got a not-so-happy-ending– which was the complete opposite for me. So there truly is no guarantee how the story will turn out to be.

This was such a short and quick read, as the whole book is around 220 pages, so you're skipping chunks and sections of it, making it like a short story. This was okay, because I found that my story ended up fine, I still had that whole plot and characters, even though there wasn't much character development. My story included a cute nerdy guy, a celebrity, and a night of sneaking away. Pretty exciting and action-packed for 50 or so pages! With this story I wasn't trying to create the most dramatic or the most trouble-making story, I just followed my instinct. Hopefully, because I had a happy ending, that means that *wink wink* I'll probably get one to. Here's to hoping!
I would recommend, however, getting a physically copy of this one, as it was annoying as an eGalley to jump around pages to different sections. With a book it's just easy to flip to the sections, and allowing the fun to continue fluidly, not wait for me to type in the page numbers on Adobe Digital Editions, which (thank the heavens above) luckily were corresponding to the page numbers in the book for once.

Overall, this book is one I can see attracting many age groups, as the style of the book will gain the attention of younger readers, while the multiple plots to the story for young adult readers. This was a ton of fun to read, and I'm sure many will enjoy the concept of taking charge of your own story and finding out what happens when you change the course of action.


If you like this, try...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!