The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa


Release Date: January 25, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Series: The Iron Fey, Book 3
Rated: YA 14+
Format: Paperback
Source: Borrowed
Buy: AmazonThe Book Depository
GoodreadsWebsiteThe Iron Fey

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.


**May contain spoilers if you've not read the previous books**


It's taken me a while to get to this book, because it broke my heart. Obviously I loved it, it was absolutely fabulous, and I couldn't stop reading from start to finish. It was just that it was the last in the series– at least the last book which Meghan would be narrating. It's one of the best endings to a series that I've ever read, had the return of an amazing cast of characters, and was one epic paranormal which I'll never cease to love.

Meghan will remain, and always will be, one of the best heroines a book could ever have. She's really developed and changed through this series. She started off as a girl trying to save her brother, and now...wow. Completely mind-blown how much stronger she is.
And then of course, we come to one of the most dreaded love triangles in YA paranormal. Ash and Puck. Oh god, for me, throughout this series, it's been switching back and forth, because both are such amazing characters. We have Ash, the bad boy and then Puck, the sweet-natured, hilarious one. It's so hard to pick between the two! I wish I could be on both teams, but then I found myself leaning more towards Team Ash in this book. It's just that he, like Meghan, has really changed throughout this series from Ice boy to less-Ice boy. Love the both of them though: that will never change.
GRIM! This cat will drive you crazy, but he sounds so adorable, and so snarky that you can't help but love him all the more. There's also a return of a character from the previous novels, and it's quite a shocker, because this character's now playing for the other team. You're just going to have to find out yourselves.

Julie Kagawa never fails to amaze me. I'm always taken in by the gorgeous descriptions of the Nevernever, the faerie courts, and the ongoing battle between summer and winter. The Iron Queen is a fabulous conclusion that will blow you away...into the waiting hands of The Iron Knight, which is told from Ash's perspective. I can't wait to put up my review– I loved it, and to people who haven't read this series: YOU MUST. Without a doubt, this is one of the top series from paranormal that will not disappoint.


If you like this, try...






4 comments:

  1. This good to know. I loved her new book, Immortals! So I have been looking at her books, but not buying them yet. Something about the fairy thing throws me off, but knowing Kagawa's writing was so good in the new book, it makes me think. Nice review. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHMYGOSH I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH. Hehe. So glad you love this series just as much as I do!!! Team Ash, all the way!!! <3 Great review, Rabiah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great review it really is a great/awesome book! aaaaaaaahhhh! i just love Julie Kagawa books she writes great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really was a great book!!
    It doesnt look like you ever read the Iron Knight, so you should!! It was amazing too!!!
    And The Lost Prince, narrated by Ethan, the little brother, will be out soon (you could probably get an ARC from netgalley)
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!