Movie Reviews (8)

Sometimes I take a little break from the love of my life (reading) and spend some quality time with another love of mine: watching movies. So here's my "thing" where I review 2 movies each time, once or twice each week :).


Leap Year (2010)

Starring: Amy Adams, Matthew Goode
Rated: PG
My Rating: 2.5 stars


Erm...not the best movie I've ever seen. But definitely not the worst either.
I just found this movie extremely cheesy (I have no idea where my mom picked this movie up from), although the good concept of the tradition of Leap Year's Day. I don't have anything against her, but I usually find Amy Adam's acting very...whiny, and this was probably the worst movie I've seen her in. There wasn't too many funny scenes, because a lot of them contained her freaking out or panicking over something, but I love the wedding scene :).
Wouldn't really recommend it, only if you probably have nothing to do. I love the accents, the scenery, the superstitions, and the cows.




When In Rome (2010)

Starring: Kristen Bell, Josh Duhamel
Rated: PG-13
My Rating: 3.5 stars

Also not such a bad movie, but not the best. Much funnier than Leap Year though!
I definitely loved the humor (there was tons of it) and the whole concept of magic and romance. It's really hilarious when these guys start following her around!
I found, like with Amy Adams, that Kristen Bell wasn't so good. I mean, nothing she really did made me laugh. Josh Duhamel on the other hand was funny at times. Most of the laughs will come from the love-struck guys, I assure you.
Other than that, it's pretty cute, wouldn't really be the "top" movie to see, but definitely has something.


That's all for this week (or a couple of days :P) so tell me,

Which movie(s) should I definitely watch?

1 comment:

  1. See, I liked Leap Year better but Josh was HILARIOUS and cute in When in Rome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!