Top Ten Tuesday - Week 12

"Top Ten Tuesday" is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today's Top Ten is:Top Ten Bookish Pet Peeves. Because I can't really think of 10, I'm putting down 5 this time.




1. Bent Covers/Pages. I hate buying a brand new book and finding a crinkle on the cover in the corner, or the spine is bent with the bending lines really standing out. I also really hate it when I get a library book and I find folded pages and stuff, and then I get so annoyed at having to unfold all the page corners.


2. Repetitive Plot line in a series. I really hate it when the books in a series basically repeat the same story line, although with different figures and items and backgrounds etc. and you just have to keep reading the same thing on and on and on again. It gets a bit tiresome.


3. Stereotypes. I really don't like it when there are "typical" characters, like ex. the most popular girl in school, who is the head cheerleader, and is the girlfriend of the hottest guy (i.e. The Guy which the main character likes–if from a girls POV) and yeah. I mean, I don't want to hear about how mean and terrible she is. Heard it all already. 100+ times.


4. In a Bookstore, having all the same author's books EXCEPT for the one you want. Yup, we've all been there. I really hate this! I'm just like, "Does everyone wanna read the same book at the same time I do or what?!".


5. Lending Books to people and then receiving it back in worse conditions. I've had book covers torn, folded pages and bent pages/spines/covers when I lent some books to friends, classmates etc. I really, really, REALLY don't like it when it happens.


Well, that was my Top Ten (or rather 5... :S) of today, but sorry for posting it late! What was your top ten this week? Leave a link/comment!

2 comments:

  1. There may only be 5, but they are all great! I particularly relate to your #4 and #5! Here's my Top Ten...
    http://bookskidslike.blogspot.com/2011/03/top-ten-tuesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. +JMJ+

    #1 is just another one for the dreaded "Caveat Emptor" files, but #5 is a nightmare that can strain friendships. It's only marginally better than lending a book and never getting it back. Both have, unfortunately, happened to me. =(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!