Booking Through Thursday - Week 2

"Booking Through Thursday" is a weekly event hosted by Should Be Reading. This week's question is:

Do you remember the first book you bought for yourself? Or the first book you checked out of the library? What was it and why did you choose it?


This one is a really hard one. Because, even though I'm only 14, it seems so hard to think all the way back to my first book...and even more difficult, because I can't really remember which country I was living in at that time! But I do remember this, my first chapter book was The Faraway Tree Stories by Enid Blyton. It had all three books in one, and I remember I bought it because my prep-senior or upper kindergarden or K2 or whatever you call it teacher read the first book out loud to us in class. After this book, I started an Enid Blyton binge and up to this day, I have read all the Famous Five, Secret Seven, Five Find-Outers and Dog, Caravan Family, The Naughtiest Girl, Malory Towers books and other single books by her. I was really in love with her books after that. My first library book...hmm, well, I do remember in Grade 2 in India borrowing Malory Tower books, but other than that, I'm pretty blank. The first book I bought by my self? without my parents with me? I guess would be in the Fully Booked Bookstore in The Philippines, where I bought Inkheart by Cornelia Funke...but that was like 4 years ago.


Please leave a comment with a link to your BTT or answer the questions in a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!