Book Breakups - Week 1

"Book Breakups" is a meme hosted by Pure Imagination. Have you ever stopped reading a book because it was so boring, you couldn't finish it or for whatever reason just stopped? This is what this meme's about. 


One book I've broken up with is:


The Secret Life of Prince Charming
by Deb Caletti


I broke up with this book, because well...


I enjoyed it. I actually did. But because there were so many things going on, I just couldn't get to finishing it. And just when I had the time, I had to go to India for the holidays and my suitcase was already overpacked with books! So when I came back, it was time to return it to the library and I couldn't remembered what happened in the book. It was great at the beginning, and I really do hope that I return to this book!


Here's the Blurb:


Maybe it was wrong, or maybe impossible, but I wanted the truth to be one thing. One solid thing.


Quinn is surrounded by women who have had their hearts broken. Between her mother, her aunt, and her grandmother, Quinn hears nothing but cautionary tales. She tries to be an optimist -- after all, she's the dependable one, the girl who never makes foolish choices. But when she is abruptly and unceremoniously dumped, Quinn starts to think maybe there really are no good men.
It doesn't help that she's gingerly handling a renewed relationship with her formerly absent father. He's a little bit of a lot of things: charming, selfish, eccentric, lazy...but he's her dad, and Quinn's just happy to have him around again. Until she realizes how horribly he's treated the many women in his life, how he's stolen more than just their hearts. Determined to, for once, take action in her life, Quinn joins forces with the half sister she's never met and the little sister she'll do anything to protect. Together, they set out to right her father's wrongs...and in doing so, begin to uncover what they're really looking for: the truth.

What book have you stood up lately? Leave a link/comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!