The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz

With the stunning revelation surrounding Bliss's true identity comes the growing threat of the sinister Silver Bloods. Once left to live the glamorous life in New York City, the Blue Bloods now find themselves in an epic battle for survival. Not to worry, love is still in the air for the young vampires of the Upper East Side. Or is it? Jack and Schuyler are over. Oliver's brokenhearted. And only the cunning Mimi seems to be happily engaged.


I found this book, okay by standards. The first book, of course, was amazing, and I found Revelations, the third book, equally so. Although, I really enjoyed Mimi's story in this book. Bliss' was an interesting perception. Schuyler... not so much.


It was kinda cool to see Allegra wake up in this book. But it was a pretty slow-going reunion, so I was pretty bored for the most part. I was like, okay, I don't get this whole mother-daughter bonding connection thingy, so I skipped ahead. I think this and the end were the only two parts where she appeared. 


I don't like Jack. I really don't. I don't know, normally, the guy in the story would appeal to moi, but this time NO. I really like Oliver though. and Kingsley Martin :D. I can't see WHY Mimi wants to bond with him so bad, he's not that good a character. Sure he saves her life loads of times, but he doesn't reach out to me, like other book characters (esp. from Meg Cabot's books ;D).


Well, other than that, it was good to see new things revealed, new secrets found out and DYLAN RETURNS! YAY! another guy character I like.


I'm still team Kingsley though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!