Three Act Tragedy by Agatha Christie

The Reverend Stephen Babbington seldom imbibes, but at a gala thrown by actor Sir Charles Cartwright, he indulges in a cocktail and falls over dead. Since there is no trace of poison or foul play, the case is closed . . . until an identical death at a London party arouses the suspicions of Hercule Poirot. Also published as Murder in Three Acts.


This one, I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT. My sister knew who the murderer was before me, even though she didn't read the book or look it up. She guessed and yes, she was right. Normally with the Hercule Poirot books (haven't read Jane Marple's yet...are they good?) I kinda get a sense in who the muderer/person who committed the crime is. This one caught me off guard. It was still fantastic though, and very brain-wracking.


I only started these books by Agatha Christie from the Summer, when I read first Muder in Mesopotamia, another Hercule Poirot Mystery. Oh. My. God. It was so good, and then I kept reading. I had recommendations, on which ones to read, which ones to avoid and which ones were okay. This one was recommended to be read, and plus, I had nothing else better to do, so I just did okay?


It's a fantastic mystery. I loved how it seems like there's a dead end to the case, and there's no way to solve it, but that's the thing I love about Hercule Poirot, he always reveals it and tells how things came to be, from beginning to end, and I'm like "WOAH!" everytime. I mean, she always adds these small details which seem unimportant and insignificant and yet, it's the key to the whole mystery. Very sneaky...


but none the less, Three Act Tragedy was with no doubt, one of the best Hercule Poirot's I've read so far. Because, after all, nothing turns out  to be what it seems...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!